Friday, March 29, 2019


Thing 7:
I have been a Microsoft user since college.  Even though I am going through these tech PD’s I still am not comfortable with most of what I am seeing.  For Thing 7 I decided to work in a power point I created earlier in the year.  It was a very bland item with no bells and whistles.  I used the record slide show with narrations to try and make it more interesting and interactive.  I found that I do not like the Microsoft program as much as I used to.  I was able to add animation and make it look nice, but it was hard to get it out for my kids because we use google.

I am in the process of redoing the presentation in google slides.  I like the program better.  The kids seem to think it is easier to navigate.  So for the DBQ I decided to go a different way.  I was scrolling through the timeline section of thing 7 and went into the screencast.  It had a cool explanation of timelines.  I had the students begin exploring ways to develop a timeline in google slides with the documents from the DBQ.  I had them scrambled in a slide show and the kids had to analyze them to figure out where each should go.  It is a work in progress, but they are analyzing, restating and organizing all at one time. 

I am excited to get into different areas of thing 7.

1 comment: